Skyline’s transitional care helps patients make the transition from acute care to the
appropriate care setting for rehabilitation.
Our Transitional Care Program treats a variety of conditions
including but not limited to: stroke, heart disease, joint
replacement, respiratory diseases, newly diagnosed diabetics,
extended antibiotic therapy and other surgeries.
Skyline services include:
• Physical therapy to improve strength, endurance, flexibility,
motor control and stability
• Occupational therapy to improve daily skills such as
bathing, dressing and grooming, as well as cognitive skills to help you return to your daily activities
• Respiratory therapy to provide oxygen therapy for patients, as well as evaluation for in-home oxygen use
• Skilled nursing services 24-hours a day
• Wound care consisting of treatments and dressing changes for wounds such as surgical incisions, ulcers and burns
• Discharge planner who works with a patient to ensure a smooth and successful transition back to home
For Medicare patients, the first 20 days of care is free. Medicare pays 100 percent of the cost of the room, therapies,
X-rays, laboratory fees, medications and physician visits. After the first 20 days, patients can stay up to 100 days with
a co-pay (supplemental insurance may cover co-pay).
Who is a transitional care candidate?
Patients need a physician’s referral and must have a three-night qualifying stay in a hospital (at Skyline or elsewhere) to be Medicare eligible.
Anyone may contact Skyline Hospital regarding transitional care. Patients, currently at another hospital can ask to coordinate a transfer to Skyline.
For more information: call 509-637-2980.
Access your medical visit online. View your lab results, medication list
and patient education— all from your own secure account >
211 Skyline Dr.
PO Box 99
White Salmon, WA 98672
Medical Records Fax:
"Great care was given to my mother!"
"I wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for Stefanie!"
"Love the view!"
© 2015 Skyline Hospital. All Rights Reserved.